Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Hi again!

Hi to everyone again... sorry I have taken so long to put another post onto my blog.. goodness where has the time gone??
Well, one GOOD NEWS item, is that ...... I CAN DRIVE AGAIN!!!!!
Yay!!  Whoopee!!  Hurray!!
It has been just over 5 months since I had my right knee replaced for the 2nd time, so the recovery and rehab has been very slow, but about 2 weeks ago hubbie and I were at our Home Fellowship and the opportunity came up for prayer.  I decided that I would ask for prayer for my knee to recover more as it has been taking so long.  Well, from the following day I noticed that it really did feel stronger, and I could move it a bit more, and the pain was not so intense.
The following Saturday I decided to have a drive in the car around our new neighbourhood, as there are lots of new roads, and no houses a bit further up in this new development, so I started off carefully and slowly.
Then when I could I went a bit faster, and jammed on the brake to see if I could stop in an emergency, and my knee performed great!!  I was able to move my leg from the accelerator to the brake quickly and easily.  I practised quite a lot, and then took the car out on the main road and headed up the a great "country" town near us - so I could go a bit faster.  I managed to have my leg in that position for quite some time, and I could brake, and change lanes etc., etc., with not a problem at all!!  Praise God!!
So.... this past week I have been out a few days, and I drove to my daughter's last Friday after I had been to the Dr's & and the shops.
I have a few days out planned for this week too, and I am going to see my good friend Dawn of As Sweet as Cinnamon on Wednesday.  I want to make a little summer dress for each of my granddaughters, and although I have done some dressmaking classes, I just want Dawn's help to make sure I do know what I am doing ...lol...
I have also booked back into some of the quilting classes I used to go to, and I am really looking forward to seeing all my friends again this week.
You might also notice that I am part of the Secret Santa Swap being run by Suzanne of Colorado Lady - unfortunately there are no more places available now, but I have received the details of my secret partner, and I am looking forward to making and buying lots of goodies for her!!
Well, next Post I hope to show you some photos of me getting back into the swing of things with my sewing, as well as some photos of the little dresses being made!  Until next time....
Hugs n Blessings from Sue in Oz xx

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that your knee is feeling much better and you're able to drive now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what good news! You must feel free as a bird now! Hope that we will get to see you at quilting when you feel you can squeeze us in to what must now be a very full galavanting schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha..ha... yes, I am finding that I want to do heaps of things, and go to heaps of places, as I feel like I have missed out for SO long!!
    When we first moved into our new house, we were one of maybe 50 to 60 homes built, plus the Show Homes. Now there are hundreds finished, and a big shopping centre, and work going on all over the place!! I will have to learn where to go for everything, so I dont get lost!! ...lol...
    Hugs n Blessings from Sue xx

    ReplyDelete