Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Okay - Here are the Photos......

Okay, now dont say I didnt warn you...... as they do look a bit gorey, possibly because...... IT ACTUALLY WAS QUITE GOREY!!
I am sorry to be one of those people who want to show you their scars, but I actually have had a few friends who didnt come into hospital, asking me how bad it was..... well they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so maybe I will just let the pictures do the talking here. You can see how incredibly swollen my leg was too.  Sorry..... I DID warn you!  But, it was done on 31st May, and now it is the 10th of July, so I am well on the way to recovery, and I can walk around okay (although you have to use a walking stick or a walker, in case you fall).  I am looking forward to the day that it is all over, and I can walk and stand without pain in that knee.  Then I will have to do it all over again, and get my LEFT knee done!!  Ha..ha.. - I am a glutton for punishment aren't I?  Maybe it will be good for me to look back on these photos so that I am prepared for everything that is involved, although it is difficult to prepare for pain, as it is such a personal thing.  How people manage to go through much worse than this and keep a smile on their face just amazes me.  How strong and couragous they must be, to face what they have, and not give up.

4 comments:

  1. IKES...Oh my, it looks so sore...hope its healing well now...
    Hugs Dawn x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo Sue.....this is bringing back some memories.....I had my knee done on the 30th March.....still not ready to go back to work yet but it is healing well....hope you're getting better too!
    take care and sugary hugs
    Wendy XX :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yukk, it looks gruesome. I do hope the swellings all gone down now and you're well on the way to full recovery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you arent in too much pain with your knee op. It looks very painful tho. I hope it heals quick for you. Hugs Vicki

    ReplyDelete