Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

I'm Baaacckk!!!

HELLO TO EVERYONE WHO EVER VISITED MY BLOG.... HURRAY, I AM BACK, I AM NOT ALLOWING THAT PERSON WHO UPSET ME TO TAKE AWAY MY JOY AND MY PEACE ANYMORE!!

Sorry about shouting that at you all, but I just thought it was quite a statement, considering I haven't posted anything for such a long, long time.
I did consider starting up another blog, and gave it a go for a while, but my heart just wasn't in it... so like I said above, I have decided to forgive her, and move on... I should not... no NONE OF US should allow anyone else to steal our peace and our joy!!  Amen
I might send a quick comment to all of you lovely ladies that I follow in blog land too, and I hope you will want to come back and visit me again.
Considering my last post was on September 13th 2012 - nine months ago... there have been lots of things happening, so lots to tell you, but that can happen gradually.
I must shout out a big "thankyou" to all of you who encouraged me to not stop doing my blog, especially my good friend (of over 25 years) Dawn Hay of As Sweet As Cinnamon as she most of all has encouraged me to get back to my blogging.
I do spend a lot of time at home, and I love my laptop.. so it is definitely a good way of making friends the whole world over, and learning about others, and what happens in their little corner of the world.
So, in a nutshell, what has happened since last September??
My darling hubbie decided to take a "package" from his job... so he has retired (he was 62 at the time) and now we don't know how he ever had the time to go to work!!  ...lol...  Our lives are very busy.
Our youngest daughter returned to work 2 days a week in February this year, and we look after our darling little grandson Flynn, who turned 1 on March 12th this year one day per week.
The younger of my step-daughters & her hubbie, had a dear little girl, born on 12th December 2012, a sister to their little 2 year old.
Our oldest grandson became a teenager, and started High School this year.
And, my saddest news is that I lost my darling Dad.. on March 29th this year, which was Good Friday, after living for much longer than we expected, as he had end stage renal failure, and was only given 6 to 12 months to live, back in October 2010... so he lived a lot longer, most of which he was mentally quite good.  It was only the last 6 to 8 months that his confusion became worse due to the one kidney he had not flushing out impurities properly.
We had his funeral on the 9th of April, and it was a lovely sunny day... we had a bagpiper play us in to "Amazing Grace" a song my Dad loved, as he gave his heart to the Lord about 18 months before he passed away.  I will always miss him, and I think of him often... but I know that one day I will see him again in Heaven, and that gives me great joy.  He was a wonderful father and he taught me a great deal about life, about love, and about giving.  He was a Commercial Artist and a Signwriter, and a very talented artist in his own right, and he taught me a lot about art and colour, and perspective and all the ins and outs of sketching and drawing.  I am blessed to think that I have inherited just some of his amazing talent.
On a lighter note, it has now been a year since my last knee replacement... HURRAY!!  so hopefully no more knee replacements for many, many years.. if ever.  (I have had 3 already.. I know, I know I only have 2 knees... it's a long story).  I did have a bit of a bad run after having my left knee done in June last year though, as I had to have my Gall Bladder out in August, then I got Pnuemonia and a partially collapsed lung in September, and then in November had to have an Angiogram as I was getting very bad chest pains.
Ha.. ha...  after all our years together, my hubbie has never had to call an ambulance for me, and he had to call them out to me 3 times in 3 months!!  Goodness knows what our new neighbours were thinking!!
Anyway that is all behind me now, and this year has been good so far.  I have a chest cold and asthma at the moment... but that is no big deal, as I have a Nebuliser and I am on anti-biotics and Prednisolone, so I will hopefully not have to go to hospital this time.
Well, my darling hubbie has made some homemade pumpkin soup for tea tonight, as that is all I fancied - and it is ready.  I haven't eaten since a little bit of lunch on Wednesday, so just been surviving on my green tea (which is the only hot drink I have had for about 16 years), water, and mineral water if I fancied something bubbly.  (Trying to un-hook myself from Diet Coke, and all the Phenalaminearinearinees.... thingys in it)... you know what I mean.
So.. how about dropping by and saying "Hiya Sue!"
Cos I am saying "Hiya to all of YOU!!"
Big Hugs n Kisses to you all xxx

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Hope to hear from you on a regular basis. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Donna you are a honey! I haven't even let any of my followers know that I am back "on the air" and you have already left me a comment! Thanks so much! xxx

      Delete
  2. Sue I soooo remember you...always wondered what happened my sweet...welll nothing like getting right down to it..we have a pin cushion hop that was just announced that you might be able to squeeze into..
    you tell Kristen I said YES if you consider ok...gosh you have been missed...
    my best mdm samm

    ps. you may have to go to your account and allow emails..hyou are a no reply blogger..I could not answer you on mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh and sad to hear about your DAD but it sounded like he had a very full and content life...he stills lives in your heart forever ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see you back in blogworld! So sorry to hear of your dads passing. I hope you will enjoy being back - looking forward to your posts! BH xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo, your an overcomer, dont let anyone rain on your day, your such an inspiration, I love you to bits 'sister' , cant wait to see your creations...
    Hugs x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue,
    Honey its great to see you back and sounding cheery and well. Hugs, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou all SO much!! It was great to open up my laptop and see I had some comments, and you are all so encouraging... big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete